36 hours in New York City, Part 2

4:06:00 PM


Okay, so yesterday I posted Part 1 of 2, and if you haven't read it yet, go ahead and click here to read Part 1 to get caught up.

Ready to move on?


Okay, so yesterday we ended right before we got to Ground Zero and the 9/11 Memorial.  Let me just say it was a powerful and humbling experience.



This is the American Express 11 Tears memorial, commemorating the 11 employees that died on 9/11.  


After this we hopped back on the bus and made our way to Times Square, where we ate dinner, caught a Broadway Show, shopped, and enjoyed the night life.  It's loud.  It's crazy.  It's so much fun. And thankfully we didn't lose anyone!



Of course my daughter has to find a horse wherever we go.


After several hours in Times Square it was time to head back to the hotel for a few hours of sleep before our last few hours in NYC.

The next morning we ate breakfast, left the hotel with our belongings, and headed to our tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.

Seeing the city skyline from the ferry boat is always exhilarating and beautiful.


First stop was Ellis Island.  I was very excited to see this, as was my daughter.  My great-grandparents, Alfonso and Grace Minardi, came through Ellis Island from Sicily in 1912.  It was very awe-inspiring to pass through the same halls they would have right after getting off the boat.






After that we hopped back on the ferry and made our way over to the Statue of Liberty.  If you've never been there in person, here's what it's like to ride the ferry over.




We also saw the Empty Sky Memorial, memorializing the New Jersey victims of he 9/11 terrorist attacks.



I never get tired of seeing this skyline.  It's so beautiful!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Along!

Join me as I share with you my favorite destinations around my hometown and around the world. This blog is written by me to share my adventures with you, and inspire you to take more adventures of your own, and capture them in your own unique way!

Shop Amazon