Fostering: Meet Kendall and Kaitlyn

10:28:00 AM


After fostering a challenging dog like Birdie, we took some time off from fostering.  And our lives got a little busy, my husband moved into a new position at work that required more of his time and attention.  But after two months I could no longer stand looking at all the foster dog pleas and after working one adoption event I signed us up to foster two puppies.  
Kaitlyn and Kedall came to us from a high-kill shelter in South Carolina.  My daughter and I dropped my husband off at the airport for a business trip, and immediately drove over to the adoption coordinators house to pick them up.  Many women love the smell of babies.  I am not one of those.  I get all giggly over the smell of puppies. The smell from two puppies had me in euphoria.

My daughter and I got them home, and since they had been in a crate for a long 8 hour drive, and had peed and pooped while in their transport crate, they needed a bath.  My daughter was more than happy to give them their first bath, and eventually ended up in the bath tub with them, though I don't think that was a necessary step.



After they had their bath we fed them dinner, played, and by the time it was all said and done they were tired little puppies.


 The following day, a Sunday, brought many visitors to the house.  Friends and family alike wanted to see the cute little puppies, and it was good socialization for them.  From the start it was very apparent they were smart and good little puppies.  I got them on a schedule and started crate training them, though they did not like that very much.



They much preferred to play outside, and I agree that was more fun.





Peanut even showed them the ropes of dog agility, though they didn't quite get the hang of it.





The best part of fostering them?  All the puppy snuggles, of course!


Within a week they had both found forever homes, and my husband was more than a little disappointed that he didn't get to meet them before he came home from his trip.  In the three weeks they've been gone, I have gotten updates from their new families, that they are well-loved and filling their new homes with joy.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow Along!

Join me as I share with you my favorite destinations around my hometown and around the world. This blog is written by me to share my adventures with you, and inspire you to take more adventures of your own, and capture them in your own unique way!

Shop Amazon