Cherry Blossoms at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens

10:53:00 AM


If you can't get enough of cherry blossoms in the spring, but the thought of battling the crowds around the Tidal Basin doesn't appeal to you, there are alternatives around the Washington DC area to view them.  Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, Virginia is one of them.

Meadowlark Botanical Gardens is a hidden gem in Fairfax County.  With 95 acres of trees, gardens, walking paths, and a lake, it is a welcome and enjoyable escape from the overwhelming suburbia we are accustomed to living in the shadows of the nations Capitol.


Though it is a public park, there is a nominal fee to enter, which goes towards maintaining the park. At $5/adult and $2.50 for kids, it's not that expensive.

So come along with me for a little tour of the gardens...






As you can see from the picture below, there definitely isn't the same crowds as at the Tidal Basin.




Besides the cherry blossoms, my favorite area is the Korean Bell Garden.  You can read more about it on their website.







Though my favorite time to visit the gardens is the spring, of course, no matter what time you visit there will always be something beautiful to see!


Thank you for visiting my blog, and I hope you enjoyed the pictures!  Please leave a comment and let me know!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I lived in Vienna for years, and I never knew this place existed! Bah!

    Gorgeous pictures, Jacki - thanks for the wonderful little taste of Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I love showing people places and things they never knew existed. :-)

      Delete

Follow Along!

Join me as I share with you my favorite destinations around my hometown and around the world. This blog is written by me to share my adventures with you, and inspire you to take more adventures of your own, and capture them in your own unique way!

Shop Amazon